The Art Of The Glitter Tumbler: Newest Way To Spruce Up Your Home Décor
Glitter tumblers are all the rage these days, and for a good reason! These stylish tumblers are perfect for any occasion, and with their added touch of fun glitter, you can really show off your unique style. Whether you're looking for a statement piece or a more subtle accessory, these tumblers are sure to turn heads.
Here's everything you need to know about making your glitter tumblers, from what colors to use to adding custom names.
1. Prepare your workstation by tapping down any areas you don't want glitter on. Cover your entire workspace with paper to make clean-up easier.
2. Next, you will need to gather all of your supplies. For this project, you will need stainless steel tumblers, cups, or mugs. You will also need to spray paint in a base color, chunky glitter, gold glitter, epoxy resin, spray adhesive, spray sealer, wet/dry sandpaper, tape and extra plastic cups, and paper.
3. Once your supplies are gathered, you can begin prepping your tumblers. Start by spraying a base coat of paint on your tumblers. You can use any color you like, but we recommend using transparent or translucent spray paint so that the glitter will really stand out.
4. Next, it's time to apply the glitter. We recommend using chunky glitter for this project as it will give your tumblers a more unique and interesting look. For a classic and elegant look, try using gold glitter. For something a little more playful, go for a bright color like pink or purple. To apply the glitter, use a brush to apply mod podge or a spray adhesive. Once you have applied the adhesive, sprinkle the glitter over the top of the tumbler until it is completely covered.
5. Now that your tumblers have fully glittered, it's time to seal them. This will help to protect the glitter and keep it from coming off. For this step, you can use a spray sealer or a clear coat of paint.
6. Once your tumblers are sealed, you need to prepare a way to rotate them while they dry. This will ensure that the glitter is evenly distributed.
7. Now, it's time to mix up the epoxy resin according to the manufacturer's instructions. Once it is mixed, begin pouring it into each tumbler, being sure to rotate the tumbler as you pour so that the resin is evenly distributed.
8. Allow the resin to dry for at least 24 hours before moving on to the next step.
9. Once the resin has dried, it's time to sand your tumblers. This will help to smooth out any imperfections and give them a nice, finished look. Use wet/dry sandpaper for this step, and be sure to wear a dust mask to avoid breathing in any particles.
10. Once your tumblers are sanded, you can remove the tape from around the edge of each one.
11. Now, it's time to add any custom names or graphics that you want on your tumblers. We recommend using vinyl decals as they are easy to apply and look great to make your tumbler one-of-a-kind.
12. Finally, apply a second coat of resin to the tumblers. Allow them to dry for at least 24 hours before using.
The Glitter Guy - your one-stop shop for all things glitter!
If you're looking for a way to add some extra sparkle to your life, look no further than Glitter Tumblers from The Glitter Guy LLC! At our store, you'll be able to find the perfect glitters for your needs, no matter the color, size, or cut you're looking for. What started as a glitter tumbler business has now grown into becoming the most comprehensive, informative glitter supplier out there.
Now, you, too, can create stunning art with ease- whether you're a small business or an independent artist!